quarta-feira, fevereiro 22, 2006

Novo projecto de Anders Jakobson (NASUM)

Anders Jakobson anunciou no site dos NASUM que tem um novo projecto em mãos constituído pelo guitarrista Anders Bertilsson (RUIN) e pelo baixista Oskar Pålsson (RELENTLESS).

"It's time for a huge announcement: I have a new band, and you will see and hear it after you've read this!

Yes, a new band has emerged after my hiatus from playing during 2005 (apart from KRIGSHOT's session of course), and I'll tell you the whole story.

In my blog dated January 9th I expressed my wishes for a new grindcore band, more or less looking for people in the Örebro area, and following that blog I got a few emails. One was from Anders Bertilsson from local deaththrashers RUIN, who I've sort of known since a few years back. Knowing Anders can play the guitar and is a grindfan I added him to my list of possible members.

Around the same time I got an email from Oskar Pålsson from the death metal band RELENTLESS asking me if I could help him out with the drums for a solo demo. I had just breifly talked to Oskar before but I told him about my plans and suggested we should merge our ideas to one.

So I had a guitarist and a bass player - I had the members for a new band!

The following weeks the three of us emailed riffs and ideas back and forth, talking alot on the net about what we wanted to do and not. This is a completely new way of creating music for me. Basically, we had about 15-20 riffs written before we even got down to the rehearsal room and met eachother for the first time as a group! I am used to bringing complete songs to rehearsals and not do so much afterwork on them, so this is really something new.

February 2nd we had our first rehearsal. We wrote two songs and worked on a few skeletons for some more songs. It felt great to be grinding again, although I am very rusty and will probably be for a while, but it gets better with each rehearsal.

Since the initial rehearsal we have rehearsed three more times, and this past Friday we did a video rehearsal with Anders B's digital camera. Do you wanna see it? Here you go:

Song 1
Song 2
Song 3
Song 4

Some comments:
- The sound is slightly out of sync, but that's how it is when you use a digital camera...
- These are the very first four songs that we have completed, but they will probably change slightly until the next time we record them in some way...
- This was recorded late on a Friday, after a whole workweek and a lot of after work activities (I was away every day the past week) so the playing is so so, but what the hell - it's grind!

Feel free to post you comments about these videos - we need some encouragement to move on...

We are probably looking for a second guitarist so if you are in the Örebro area and likes this - get in touch!"

Sem comentários: